Looking to make a sweet treat that everyone will love? Whether you are wanting to make a simple dessert for you family to enjoy after dinner, or for entertaining guests after a dinner party, or you need to bring a dessert to a party or occasion, whatever the event, shortbreads are always a great go-to! Lemon and ginger shortbreads specifically are always a great option, as they offer the great citrus flavor of the lemon that helps to cleanse the palate after eating a meal. Shortbreads are typically enjoyed after dinner with coffee or tea, however there really is no bad time to have a shortbread treat.
Information About Shortbread
Shortbread is a common cookie found in America, made of sugar, butter, and flour. Short bread is completely different than shortcake, because shortcake is made of vegetable oil and baking powder—to give it a different texture. Originating in Scotland, Shortbread is a common Christmas time desert and is known around the world.
- Time to Prepare Lemon And Ginger Shortbread = 10 Minutes
- Time to Cook Lemon And Ginger Shortbread = 40 Mins
- Serves 12 People
What You Need to Make Lemon and Ginger Shortbread
- 100 grams of salted butter
- 60 grams of golden caster sugar
- The zest of 1 large lemon
- 8 pieces of ginger, finely chopped
- 180 grams of flour
How to Make Lemon And Ginger Shortbread
- Pre heat oven to 300 – 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 22cm loose-bottomed fluted tart pan tin.
- In a bowl, add butter and beat with a spoon, preferably wooden, until the butter is soft and malleable.
- Add sugar to the softened butter and beat.
- Next, stir in the lemon zest and add the ginger to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Make a soft dough by stirring in the flour. Work the flour in with your hands.
- Put the dough in the tin pan and use your fingers or the spoon to press the dough flatly into the tin pan.
- Use a fork to prink all over the dough.
- Then, put the pan in the oven and bake in the oven for 40 mins until pale or light gold.
- Cut the shortbread into wedges.
- Let the shortbread cool completely in the tin on a wire rack.
- Remove from the tin and dust with caster sugar to serve.
- Serve and Enjoy
Use this recipe to make a fabulous lemon and ginger shortbread. Depending on your tastes and likes, as well as those of your guests and family members, try different types of shortbreads. Caramel shortbread is another common favorite and loved by younger and older crowds. Or, if you are wanting something more fruity, any type of fruit enriched shortbread is also a great go-to. You are not only limited to lemon flavors, so make sure that you try out all different types and create desserts that you can add to your personal cookbook and recipes.