Calling all food lovers!
The Food Press is looking great writers who are passionate about food and travel. Do you have a great recipe for an Angel Food Cake? Did you visit an incredible restaurant abroad? Do you have a cooking tip that will make working in the kitchen so much easier? If so, we want you to share it with our readers!
What are the benefits?
- Gain exposure for your work in a new, growing audience in the food/dining realm.
- Receive a byline/author bio, giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site.
- Expand the reach of your writing via social media promotion on our end (you should do the same within your networks, giving even more coverage to your work).
What kind of content are we looking for?
Anything and everything having to do with food and travel and will have our readers coming back for more! If you’re an expert in the field, a seasoned chef or just a general food lover with a great voice that will make us salivate through our screens, we want to hear from you.
For your reference, we generally have several types of article formats such as the following:
- Blog posts (informal and more personal recounts)
- Articles (relaying some type of newsworthy subject matter pertaining to the food industry)
- Listicles (numbering a certain amount of recipes, tips, ingredients, restaurants etc. on a page)
- and Slideshows (numbering a certain amount of recipes, tips, ingredients, restaurants etc. in a slideshow format)
It should also be mentioned that there are a variety of subjects to which you can contribute. This includes: Recipes, Cooking Gear, Baking and Travel. As a contributor you can write in either one or all of these topics if you please!
Want to write for The Food Press?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your piece, think about what inspires you most about food. If your subject incites passion in you, chances are it will do the same for readers, and that is our ultimate goal. Some other guidelines to remember:
- The post should be between 300 and 600 words is great for articles, but feel free to write as extensively as you please.
- For blog posts, there’s really no limit to your creativity, and thus no strict word count. However, consider breaking long stories into several posts to avoid sounding long-winded.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included. People like to SEE the places we’re talking about, so photos are highly encouraged.
- When including quotes, studies, facts, or stats, please include a SOURCE so the reader knows that this is valid information.
- Submit your post in word document format.
As a writer for The Food Press you must:
- Share your blog post and website with others through social media, email and word-of-mouth
- Engage in the comment section of your post and other articles on the site
- Be a fan of The Food Press on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a guest writer for the website. You can contact us here to get started.