Do need a quick cake to make for a party? Maybe you want to bring something over to a friend’s house? If so, carrot cake is one of the best tasting cakes you could bring along. Their moist, sweet, and just an excellent autumn dish. The colors of this cake are also quite beautiful as well. If you need a crowd pleaser you’ve come to the right place!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Get three nine inch round cake pans. Line them with wax paper and grease them lightly. Add a light dusting of flower to them as well. Set the pans aside for later.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Beat the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until smooth. Fold the carrot in and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into each of the cake pans. Slide them into the oven and bake for half an hour. Check to with a wooden pick that each of the cake pieces are done. Drizzle the buttermilk glaze over each of the layers evenly. Allow the pans to cool for fifteen minutes before arranging the layers into a cake. Spread the frosting on top of the cake and over the layers. Add more decorations if desired.
Voila! Your carrot cake is now done and ready to eat! Carrot cake has a unique taste to it, and is perfect for just about any occasion. Even if you’re throwing a birthday party for yourself or someone else. You can whip this carrot cake up anytime you want. It’s a great way start trying out baking a different type of tasting cake too if you’re just starting out.
Baking can be a two way street sometimes. Something can either come out tasting amazing or tasting okay. Other times the baking can go awry and turn out terrible. This carrot cake recipe is easy to follow even for beginners. So, if you have any issues with it usually it will turn out tasting delicious.
Another excellent thing about carrot cake is that you don’t have to go with our recommendations. If you want to add another spice or use a different type of frosting on top of it. Go ahead and do it! It’s a cake recipe you can write down and change to your heart’s desire. You can design the recipe to fit your needs for a unique tasting cake. Carrot cake is almost always a hit at any party. People will be flocking to get a second (or even third!) slice to eat. Be sure to take a few extra pieces home for yourself!