Whatever the occasion, just about everyone loves bread pudding! As the name infers, bread pudding is a bread based dessert and it is popular in all different countries. Here are a few places that you can expect to find a great bread pudding dessert: Argentina, Columbia, Belgium, Canada, Cuba, France, Germany, Ireland, Malta, Mexico, The Netherlands, Slovakia, The Philippines, Puerto Rico, India, The United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Many people make bread pudding with stale bread, mixed with milk, eggs, and butter. However, you can use other alternatives to just plain bread to make these desserts! Some people like to use cinnamon raisin bread or others use cinnamon rolls or any sort of dough really. Also, ingredients and flavors changed based on where you are ordering this dessert, whether it is sweet or savory.
- Time it takes to prepare cinnamon apple pecan pudding = 10 minutes
- Time it takes to cook cinnamon apple pecan pudding = 45 minutes
Ingredients You Need to Make Cinnamon Apple Pecan Pudding
- 8 ounces of cinnamon rolls, cut into cubes.
- ¾ cup chopped or sliced pecans (your preference)
- 2 cups apples, sliced and peeled
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- Maple Syrup
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Pecan Pudding
- Pre heat the oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use butter to coat a 9-inch cake pan, or you can also use nonstick spray.
- Put the bread cubes/ cinnamon rolls in the pan
- Toss in the pecans
- Next add the apples, tossing it to make sure everything is mixed well.
- In another bowl, blend the eggs and milk.
- Then add in the sugar to the egg and milk mixture.
- Add in the vanilla to the egg and milk mixture
- Add the egg mixture over the bread by pouring it into the pan.
- Then, let stand for about 20 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the egg mixture.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 48 minutes. You will know it is done when it is golden brown.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with warm maple syrup (and ice cream and/or whipped topping!)
- Enjoy with friends, family, and/or dinner guests.
There are many different types of bread pudding that you can make, and it is a simple recipe to follow! This will impress your guests while also leaving mouths wanting more! Being full of flavor and a warm and gooey texture—what’s not to love? This dessert is extremely filling, so you want to make sure that you cut your squares relatively small. Use this recipe to create a cinnamon apple pecan bread pudding, but also feel free to try other alternatives. You can use cinnamon raisin bread instead of the cinnamon rolls. You can also try adding mace and nutmeg for additional flavor. Many people will use eggnog as the liquid if they are making this dessert around the Thanksgiving holiday. Experiment and try all different ingredients to make this recipe your own and suit you and your family’s tastes.