Cookies are those perfect dessert snack foods no one can get enough of. If you’re going to be throwing a party soon, need something to bring to a friend’s house, or just want a few sweet treats to enjoy. Why not give oatmeal coconut cookies a try? They’re not to sweet, but just the right amount of deliciousness that you can enjoy!
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow it to preheat for 10-20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the vanilla and eggs. Blend them together. Set them aside for later.
- In another bowl toss in all the dry ingredients. Mix them together. Add in the coconut last or until all the dry ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Mix them together until all the ingredients are moist. Grease a cookie sheet and place the cookies at least one inch apart. Bake them in the oven for ten minutes or until they become a golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool. Enjoy!
These are very good cookies. If you don’t want to use sugar you can use molasses instead. This particular recipe will net you an impressive 24 cookies. Just enough to toss them into the cookie jar and enjoy them slowly or to bring to a small gathering. If you want to make more cookies simply increase the ingredients.
A great thing about these cookies is that they’re not that hard to make. The ingredients are easy to come by. So, you can make cookies for a birthday party or a friend without having to worry about getting to elaborate. The coconut adds a unique little twist of flavor you don’t expect in most oatmeal cookies. You can also add other common ingredients like chocolate chips or raisins. Semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips add another little twist of flavor to go with these cookies.
If you want too, you can also add a light bit of frosting to them. These cookies are great for all sorts of occasions. If you want to make them for Christmas you can. Leaving out a a few for “Santa Claus” to eat and enjoy. Making these cookies can also be a family activity too! Do your kids want to learn how to do some basic cooking? All you have to do is show the kids how to mix the ingredients before throwing these cookies into the oven yourself. It’s fast, easy, and not much of a mess either. Enjoy your cookies!