Are you looking to make a tasty treat that uses the pumpkin seeds from the pumpkins you just carved, preparing for Halloween? These cookies are a great way to use up those seeds and chocolate! And, they taste great! Whether you are making them for yourself, your neighbors, your friends, your children, or maybe even your office co-workers, they are bound to be loved by all that try them!
You can feel free to change up the amount of chocolate and pumpkin seeds in the recipe depending on your specific tastes and preferences. Some people prefer for these cookies to be sweeter so they will add more light brown sugar, while others like them less sweet and will replace the semi sweet morsels with bitter sweet ones and they will reduce the amount of sugar used in the cookies. Again, use your personal preferences to make the cookies so that you will find them enjoyable and tasty!
What you Will Need To Make Chocolate Chunk–Pumpkin Seed Cookies
1 cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 stick of unsalted butter
¼ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup rolled oats
8 ounces of semi sweet chocolate morsels
How to Make Chocolate Chunk–Pumpkin Seed Cookies
- Using a mixer, mix butter for approximately 2 minutes, until it is creamy.
- Add the sugar, light brown sugar, and salt
- Then add the egg and vanilla into the mixer and mix for 10 seconds.
- Next, on a low speed, add the flour and baking soda, scraping down the sides of the bowl so that everything is evenly mixed.
- Next add the pumpkin seeds, oats, and chocolate morsels.
- Mix quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Turn your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use parchment paper to cover a large cookie sheet (you may need to use two cookie sheets).
- Use canola oil or butter to lightly grease the parchment paper to reduce sticking.
- Use a spoon to scoop and place the cookie dough on the cookie sheets so that the cookies are roughly 2 inches apart.
- Once all of the dough is on the cookie sheet in blobs, bake in the oven for 14 minutes. You will want to make sure that your cookies are on the middle rack, however every oven is different so if you notice that they are cooking too fast on the top, they may need to be lowered to the bottom rack for best cooking.
These cookies are a great way to celebrate Halloween as well as head into the Thanksgiving Holiday. Whether you are looking to make them now for a Halloween party or you are looking for a fun recipe to add to your Thanksgiving routine, you’ll want to keep this recipe handy for future use!
Image Credit: pixabay.com